Many women feel they don’t look right in red lipstick, however the trick is knowing and choosing the right shade for you.
- Fair skin– should stick to reds with a blue undertone, like cherry
- Example- L’Oreal Colour Riche Lipcolour in Volcanic 410
- Medium skin– can use true reds such as apple or fire engine
- Example- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella
- Dark skin– should go for darker reds like blood red
- Example- Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense in 44
Remember the type of lip stick and finish you choose will also affect the intensity and color. If you want something for the day and less intense, go for something that is sheer like a lip gloss, a balm or a lip stain. Keep in mind this will not last as long.
For an intense and opaque color stick to a lipstick in a satin or matte finish. These will give you a cleaner and a defined lip if, applied correctly. They will also last very long.
If you ever buy a lipstick you don’t like, keep in mind you can mix it with another lipstick color instead of throwing it out.
Tips on applying red lipstick: Achieving the perfect red lip!
- If you want your the true color of the lipstick apply a small amount of concealer to your lips. This will give you a neutral base to start from, which will help bring out the color.
- Line your lips very carefully, trying to avoid any mistakes. If you do make a mistake use a little q-tip with a small amount of makeup remover.
- Also, with the lip liner fill in your lips, this will help the color stay longer.
- Next, with a lip brush carefully apply the lipstick, make sure it’s smooth and you don’t leave any small bumps.
- After applying the lipstick, re-apply lip liner, this gets rid of any small mistakes and imperfections. If gives you a perfect lip.
- If you want an even cleaner and perfect lip, apply a small amount of concealer with a small brush around the lip. This will make your lips look perfect.
Ladies, go ahead and try red lipstick! It can be a little intimidating at first, but once you get used to it, you’ll love it!
Until next time,