Disclaimer: This was sent to me for review
I’ll admit it right now… I have never tried any kind of nail polish strips. These might have converted me!
Please ignore that one darn piece of cat hair! Anyway, for my pointer, pinky and thumb I used two coats of Jin Soon Heirloom, then I used the nail strips on my middle and ring.
These are the instructions for application:
- Soak your hands in warm water for 5 minutes. Dry hands, then gently push back cuticles. Carefully remove any excess skin around the nail bed.
- Moisturize your hands with lotion, and wait 1 minute.
- Using a Q-tip, remove any leftover lotion from the nail bed, paying special attention to the sidewalls, cuticle area and tip of the fingernail.
- Select the appropriate sized nail strip for each nail to ensure the nail will be covered from sidewall to sidewall. Using a nail strip that is too large for a particular nail is not recommended; rather, trim the strip the scissors to the appropriate width.
- Peel off the clear coating, and then carefully remove the nail polish strip from the sticker backing,
- Start by placing whichever end on the nail strip that works better for your nails at the cuticle and apply it by smoother the strip towards the tip and your nail, smoothing out and bumps and ensuring the strip is tucked neatly into the sidewalls.
- File away any excess nail strip by holding your nail file parallel to the surface you are working on, as filing the nail perpendicularly will cause tearing along the tip.
- After you have applied all ten polish strips, take a cotton ball the has been dipped in polish removed with the excess remover wrung out, and swipe each nail 1-3 times, paying special attention to the sidewalls, tips and cuticle area. This step is especially important, as it melts the strip to your nails, allowing for longer lasting wear.
- Apply a finishing topcoat, and wait 5 minutes for it to dry completely.
I actually did not do the second to last step lol guess I missed that one but I will definitely try it out next time.
I found application to be very straight forward and easy. I did get a few minor bumps on the tips of my nails because of my shape, but they were pretty easy to smooth out. If you happen to place the nail strip on a little crooked, they’re very easy to remove and straighten out, and they don’t lose stickiness! I sealed the strips with two coats of Seche Vite. Make sure that you get all your edges or they may start to lift up (hence my second coat of Seche).
I ended up wearing these for a full 5 days, after day 3 I had very minimal tip wear, and it was getting slightly more noticeable by day 5.
Overall, I think these are fantastic! Such an easy way to add some pizzazz to your manis. They wore wonderfully, didn’t start to peel on me or anything, and I really could’ve kept them on for more than the 5 days.
Get more info and see all the awesome designs on their website!
What do you guys think? Are you fans of nail art strips? I know I am now!