This purchase was a very long time coming!
Left to right: Midi, Creeper, Maneater, Hutch and Alyssa
I decided to get 2 of the Ultra Mattes, that is what they are known for. I also got 2 Ultra Satins and I HAD to get an Ultra Metallic! So I have a nice mix.
I love them.
- Midi is an Ultra Matte, it’s a soft neutral beige
- Creeper is an Ultra Matte, it’s a classic blue red
- Maneater is an Ultra Metallic, it’s a rose gold-ish neutral
- Hutch is an Ultra Satin, it’s a blackened blackberry/raspberry color
- Alyssa is an Ultra Satin, it’s a neutral, dusty pink. On me, this was a your-lips-but-better color.
The first question probably is ‘what is the difference between the mattes and satins?’…. honestly, the finish is pretty similar to me. The satin is supposed to be more of a velvety finish, it was a bit softer than the matte, but nothing crazy different. The mattes do dry a lot faster than the satin, it’s almost instant.
The metallic is also matte, but it stays metallic and shiny and amazing!
I’ve worn both Midi and Alyssa out, I found them both to last well. I did eat on both occasions and I did end up wiping most of it off lol, but I didn’t see a lot of product coming off when I was drinking.
They were both comfortable to wear, not too drying. Midi, being a matte, was definitely a bit more drying than Alyssa, a satin. If you’re sensitive to dryness, I would go with the satins.
Overall, I’m really happy with all of these and I cannot wait to wear them! Especially Hutch and Meaneater! All the colors are pigmented and lovely, and at $6 a piece you really cannot go wrong!
Have you tried Colourpop? What are your favorite shades?