So, I’ve been using my custom Function of Beauty shampoo and conditioner for a while now, so I thought I’d give you an update!
I’ve been using it for about a month, 2-3 times a week, and what you see above is how much of the product I’ve used so far. I’m going through conditioner a bit faster than the shampoo, which is normal for me. I have changed up the way I use the product, for my first shampoo, I lather it up in my hands, but for the second shampoo, I apply to directly to my scalp and lather. I usually end up with 5-6 pumps for shampoo and the same for conditioner.
- I have noticed that the middle section of my hair is very soft and stays soft for days after washing.
- My hair is noticeable shinier, I definitely see a difference with that, and it stays shiny for days after the wash.
- Even though my formulation is basically just hydration, for some reason, I’ve noticed my scalp is drier than normal.
- Right after hair washing, my hair feels nice and soft but a day or two later the ends dry up again. If I do any kind of heat styling or even no-heat overnight curls, my ends get very dry, even if it’s right after washing. I don’t use it every day, as suggested, so that might be the problem, but it is worth noting.
- I haven’t seen any overall improvement on my dry ends. The longer you use it, the more you’ll see the effects, but so far… I haven’t seen any improvement in end hydration, they still get very dry and brittle.
I’ve avoided using any other hair products while testing this one, I just started using argan oil again after my last few washes because I couldn’t take my dry, frizzy ends anymore. My ends are a bit color damaged, so I don’t expect anything to heal them, that’s what haircuts are for lol. However, I am a bit disappointed with the dry scalp, I was not expecting that at all. I actually just decided to switch up my routine, my last wash I used totally different products (one to review!). I’ll probably go back to Function of Beauty after my scalp is back to normal and see how things go from there. I’ll most likely be back with another update!